Mass Participation World
Industry Awards 2019
The MPW Industry Awards have been created to recognise the best peer-reviewed Mass Participation events and initiatives in Asia. The intention is to grow the Awards to recognise events globally from 2020.
The awards are open to events that took place in Asia between 1 October 2018 and 30 September 2019 across running, cycling, triathlon, swimming, OCR, grassroots/team events and virtual events.
There are 12 categories including seven for overall events such as Best Running Event and five for key initiatives within events such as Best Sustainability and Best Partnership. Overall event winners will be judged on their embodiment of eight key elements including the likes of engagement, best practice and social impact.
The process was created with a number of key principles in mind:
- Ensuring that the nomination process is simple and quick to ensure that key events are not excluded because they did not submit a nomination
- Judging is done by the industry for the industry
- The nomination process includes feedback from participants
- The role of judging panels is kept to a minimum
The winners of each category will be recognised at an Award ceremony on Tuesday 3 December at the Hilton Singapore as part of the annual Mass Participation World Conference.
- Best Asian Mass Participation Event of the Year as recognized by SPIA Asia 2019
- Best Running Event
- Best Trail Run
- Best Triathlon/Duathlon or Swimming Event
- Best Cycling Event
- Best Obstacle Event
- Best Grassroots/Team Sport/Virtual/Other event
- Best Partnership
- Best Engagement
- Best Social Impact
- Best Environmental Sustainability
- Best Innovation
Award winners in the best event categories (1-7) will be those that demonstrate excellence across the eight key areas outlined below:
- Collaboration and partnership
- Best practice
- Event experience
- Use of data
- Social impact
Nominations will take place between 11 October and 4 November 2019 in 3 ways:
- A simple online nomination process taking a few minutes where events can be nominated by themselves or their industry peers
- Nominations from an anonymous panel of almost 100 industry leaders
- Data captured from the MPW Asian Participant Survey sent to thousands of participants
Based on the above information 10 finalists will be announced in each of the categories.
Finalists will be announced on 11 November.
Determination of Category Winners
To determine the winner of each category the process will include:
- Each of the finalists voting on a 3,2,1 basis for all events in their category. They may not vote for their own event.
- A panel of industry leaders voting 3,2,1 for events in each category
- The event with the highest score will be recognised as the winner
- In the event of a tie the award will be determined by a jury of industry leaders
Only the overall winner in each category will be announced except in the “Best Asian Mass Participation Event of the Year as recognized by SPIA Asia 2019” category where awards will be presented to the top three events. The overall winner of this category will also be simultaneously recognised as the Best Mass Participation Event at the Sports Industry Asia Awards (SPIA) on the same night in Manila.
The determination of Award winners will be confidential and no correspondence will be entered into.
For enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
[FOR SUBMISSION, PLEASE PREPARE]
· Name of event
· Date of event
· Contact details
· Website address
· Number of participants
1. How many partnerships does the event have? How many are new this year? How many are more than 5 years old?
2. Was there a new innovation that was included in this event? Yes/No
3. Does the event have an engagement program? Yes/No. If yes how long does it last?
4. Is there an element of best practice incorporated into the event?
5. Does the event have a sustainability initiative?
6. Does the event include experiences beyond what happens during the race/competition?
7. Does the event make use of data in its marketing and engagement initiatives?
8. Is there a social impact initiative associated with the event?
· In no more than 200 words please share key highlights of your initiative.